Friday, October 21, 2011

Yoga and Fires and Runs...Oh My!


Blogging is tough stuff, especially doing it every day. I struggle to find something interesting to write about on a daily basis (perhaps this is why 2 birdies & a bart only has 3 followers?).  Regardless, here's a few of my favorite, or at least more interesting, happenings this week...

Yoga: I went to a 60 minute power yoga class…my first one in a VERY long time. I’m trying to make yoga a habit as it’s something I KNOW would benefit me greatly – both from a physical and mental perspective. Unfortunately…I hate yoga. Yep, I said it…I’ve tried multiple classes (though sporadically) and just haven’t found a type of yoga that suits me. I figure if I’m going to do an activity for which I’ll be uncomfortable for 30+ minutes then it better at least burn enough calories to allow for a froyo (+ extra toppings) indulgence afterwards…alas I will keep trying…I really want to like it….



FIRE IN DA HOUSE: So apparently my toaster is not one in which you can leave a piece of toast (or in my case a veggie burger), go about your business and trust that in a minute or two your toasty smackrel will pop up, ready for eating…and more importantly, your toaster will turn off. How I haven’t figured this out after 2 years with the same toaster I do not know. Sadly, I left my veggie burger in the toaster…went about my business for a minute or two…forgot about my veggie burger so a minute or two actually turned into twenty…and did not realize my mistake until smoke was billowing out of my kitchen. There wasn’t an actual fire but my toaster did melt and there was enough smoke to set off every alarm in my house. I have smelled like a burnt veggie burger for the last three days…and in case you were wondering…I don’t smell good. 

Long Run: I had time to do a 12 mile long run and meet up with friends for dinner afterwards….it was glorious.

That’s a long enough post for now…
Happy weekend!
Magpie

No comments:

Post a Comment