Thursday, October 13, 2011

Manic Mondays & the hunt for a new handbag

Either something was in the air today or my t-shirt was an omen - whatever the reason it felt like the week regressed back to Monday. I was screamed at, kicked in the shins, and way too many stomps to the toes were taken. Luckily the school nurse gave me some bandaids to sport over my black leggings and believe it or not I think the children in question were genuinely sorry for their actions after seeing my extensive bandages. That is until they come back tomorrow...
On another note I am officially on the hunt for a new handbag. My current nine west cross body is no longer holding up, tear. I think you can see some serious rippage along the top left corner.
It was summertime and I was sick of oversized handbags. This crossbody came as the perfect fit for me. It sort of reminds me of the Rebecca Minkoff Three Zip Rocker Crossbody I had been admiring.
Anyways - back to my handbag hunt. The problem is it is insanely hard for me to buy new handbags. I look for something fashionable I can use no matter what the current trend, sturdy, goes with most my clothes, and is not ridiculously expensive - it is a handbag, after all. Perhaps a bit of a purse snob, but I've been known to end a 6 month. search only to find the winner in the back of some TJ Maxx rack.

I'm sure readers of perchedbirdie.blogspot.com will be on the edge of their seats awaiting an update on the search for my new perfect handbag :)

On a side note - I need to seriously begin running more consistently. I agreed to a 10 mile race this April (the most I've ever run is 6 miles)...YIKES!

J.

No comments:

Post a Comment