Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sephora, DWTS, Music, & a Little Running

I am a firm believer that with every experience we learn something new and hopefully grow to be better people. A few years ago I moved to Arizona where I gained a newfound appreciation for exercise, highlights, and Sephora (I bet that's not quite the insightful follow up you were expecting.) Although these experiences didn't make me a better person they did lead to a mini addiction and my first guilty pleasure of this post: Sephora. While I've learned to tame my spending sprees a few makeup items always appear in my bag.
  • Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion: Absolutely amazing! Keeps my eye makeup in place whether I'm running after students in the hall, running for actual exercise, enjoying a movie, or having fun with friends. 
  • Benefit COARLista: Blush - who knew! MagPie got this for my b-day and I must say I love it! It stays on my cheeks all day long, brightens my face, and has officially reintroduced me to the power of blush.
  • Sephora Collection Jumbo Liner: I like it as eyeliner or eyeshadow.
Have you ever listened to a song that immediately brings back memories? I have had many - Mmm Bop, Something to Talk About, Every Rose Has It's Thorn...don't ask, but Lil John's "Get Low" will always hold a special place in my heart. Maybe it was the small victory I had against my high school nemisis at a school dance (no it was not a dance off - I only wish I could be that cool)  or perhaps just all the fun times with good friends when this song came out. Whatever the reason "Get Low" is admittedly a guilty pleasure and another reason to like the movie "The Proposal."
Not exactly my favorite days of the week, I always look forward to Monday and Tuesday evening for one particular reason: Dancing With The Stars (or as us fans have come to know it: DWTS)
Despite practicing jive moves around the house, I still await a phone call from ABC execs to be cast as the newest "star." Perhaps they just need to see this skill in person...

On a side note I mentioned I was getting back into running. I am proud to report I ran for 20 minutes this morning with some hill work involved. Big Sur here I come! 
 www.asktherunnerdude.com

Now all I need is a cool running alias like Thunderbolt or Dash

Happy Weekend!
J.




1 comment: