Saturday, October 8, 2011

10 miles feels like 26.2

Today we all went to an annual race in memory of a group of amazing young men, taken before their time (Please don't drink and drive). The race is a 10 mile trail run; weather is often variable. While yesterday was a balmy 70 degrees, today was below freezing with wind and snow. Did I mention that the altitude is around 9,000 feet? Needless to say, those ten miles were grueling. With the jaybird sidelining herself to "cheer" (note I did not see her until after I crossed the finish line)...and the bart getting "sick" (hmmmm?), I was the only runner actually running. See below link for a rather accurate representation of my mental status during those ten miles (which felt like 26.2...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsMw10KVVCk

A gentleman racer...far, far ahead of me



XO MagPie

No comments:

Post a Comment