Sunday, October 9, 2011

I say FUNhole!

Let me start this post by saying I never thought I would encounter a Harry Potter doppleganger, spend overnight in a questionable area of Philadelphia – alone, nor go to New Jersey to gamble (fist pump!). I thought wrong. Thus began my adventure to Atlantic City with a very important friend to celebrate her birthday.


I met this man on my flight and I dare you to tell me how he does not look like Harry Potter

Upon arriving to my hotel, still exhilarated from my run in with the doppleganger (I live far enough from Hollywood that these sorts of things excite me), reality set in. An overpriced room mislabeled as “non-smoking” with not so sanitary sheets, several full-length mirrors, and a shower I can’t even talk about...if I could have slept standing up, I would have. Instead, I covered my pillow with the cleanest looking towels and curled into the fetal position counting down my time to checkout. The lights remained on for safety precautions.


After surviving the night and a “refreshing” train ride, I arrived in AC ready to fist pump and gamble. Although we heard several native New Jersians (Jersians?) refer to AC as the “sh*thole,” I say any sh*thole can be a FUNhole with the right people!


It was a good weekend spent in good company. AC recommended!

On a side note – I collected seashells by the seashore. I am going to attempt to turn them into a necklace…maybe a Friday Fun project for my kids – I am a teacher, btw

Have a *relaxing* Sunday

- JayBird

No comments:

Post a Comment